Justin Gatlin has killed him in 100 meters - says Ususin Bolt


Usain Bolt insisted that he was still one of the greatest athletes in history despite his shock defeat to Justin Gatlin in the world 100m final in London. Bolt, who will retire from athletics after the 4x100m relay next Saturday, had been the strong favourite to win his 12th world championship title. But after making a terrible start the Jamaican was forced to settle for bronze behind Gatlin and his fellow American Christian Coleman.
“I’ve proved to the world I’m one of the greatest athletes,” said Bolt. “I don’t think this changes anything. I’ve done my part as an athlete, to uplift the sport and show it’s getting better. I can’t be too disappointed. I did my best. It’s hard to be sad with the energy that the crowd was giving me. They stayed and they shouted and they cheered.”

No comments:
Post a Comment